Monday, September 12, 2011

Kylie Cline

Kylie was born on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 6:21 am. She was 20 inches long and weighed 6.11 pounds. She healthy, has lots of dark hair and she's beautiful!!!

I went to the doctor Tuesday night for my weekly check and he said he'd be very suprised if he didn't get a call from the hospital that night or the next morning. I'd been having contractions for about a week already but that night they started getting worse. I tested positive for Group B Strep so I had to  be on antibiotics for at least 4 hours before delivery. My doctor said because I have such fast deliveries that if I had any more contractions at all to head up to the hospital so we could be sure to get the full dose of antibiotics. I kept having contractions and since Hazen was already at my parents house we decided he better stay there cause he were probably having a baby that night. We went home and got some stuff ready and then got up to the hospital around 11:30.

I was dilated to a 5 at this point so they started the antibiotics and then I just basically had to wait until 4 for anything to happen. My contractions were getting worse so I got the epidural around 2 and it was great from there!! They started the Pitocen at about 4:30 and she was born 2 hours later. It was amazing!! I loved everything about the delivery! Since she was so much smaller than Hazen (8.1 lbs) everything went really smooth and I've had a very easy recovery so far. We came home from the hospital on Friday and we've had a nice, relaxing weekend just being together as a family. Hazen loves to hold Kylie, but only for a few minutes and then he gets bored. He pets her head and gives her lots of kisses. He always makes sure to clean his hands first and asks everyone else if they did too. He's such a good big brother already and we're so blessed to have these 2 healthy, beautiful kids in our family.  
Before we left for the hospital. I haven't taken very many pictures of my belly so I wanted to remember how big I was full term. 
I delivered at McKay, and they have a new thing there since I had Hazen. It's called Skin-to-Skin and as soon as they cut the umbilical cord they put the baby right on your chest and then just put a towel over them so they stay warm. It was the most amazing thing!! She was screaming before and as soon as they laid her on me she was completely silent. At first I thought something was wrong, but they're just so content laying there and it's comforting for them to be so close to the mother. I got to hold her there for about 15-20 minutes and it was so awesome!!  
Getting cleaned up 
Proud new daddy!!
Hazen meeting Kylie
Our sweet little angel!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You look gorgous in your pictures! I am so happy everything went ok and you had such a great experience!! I can't wait to meet her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlie, she's a doll! You two make cute, cute babies. And you looked awesome. I'm so happy for you! Keep posting pictures! And we'll have to do lunch soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a keeper! And it's not really fair that you look so good after delivery too!! Glad I got to hold that precious doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Karlie! I couldn't believe when I read in the family newsletter that you had just had Kylie the day before. She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! Thanks for giving me your blog address so I can stalk you guys!

    ReplyDelete